This workshop is much more involved than simply blending together a few scents that you enjoy. We'll be working from the bottom up, developing a blend of base, heart and top notes which can contain multiple scent notes or accords for each. There is also basic addition involved as it will be necessary to track your formulation drop by drop. Please take these factors into consideration when deciding if our workshops are appropriate for you.
This workshop will appeal more to someone who already understands the idea of different scents and scent families beyond essential oils. One must understand that there is a lot more to the world of fragrance than the current essential oil trend as essential oils do not cover the full spectrum of available scent aromas. If you are looking to strictly blend essential oils to make a perfume, this workshop is not for you. It will also be beneficial if you are capable of describing scents and fragrance notes that appeal to you. Entering this workshop with complete lack of what scent types typically apeal to you and how to describe those scents, both by smell and by how they make you feel, will make this workshop extremely frustrating for you.
This workshop is NOT for someone who:
- is sensitive to fragrances and strong smells
- is extremely indecisive and will have difficulties deciding on enjoyable aroma families
- This is a standing workshop over a tall worktable which allows easy access to all needed materials. There are no chairs available.
- Workshops hold up to 8 people
- Most workshops last up to 2 hours but it's not uncommon for a workshop to run an extra 30-45 minutes depending on your grasp of the concepts presented in class